As many of you have already booked your holiday and will be looking forward to your next Golden Sands visit, we thought it would be a great idea to highlight the top 5 attractions, along with one of the other fantastic suggestions that was a little different – it’s always good to mix it up!
Your Top 5:
- So… in 1st place with the highest number of votes, the Welsh Mountain Zoo is obviously a firm favourite (we ran a competition with them last year for free tickets and will be doing the same again this year, so make sure you are following us on Facebook to be in with a chance of winning).
- In 2nd Place we have Tir Prince Market in Towyn.
- In 3rd place we have a tie with The Great Orme in Llandudno and our gorgeous Kinmel Bay Beach scoring equal votes.
- In 4th Place we have The Sea Life Aquarium in Rhyl.
- Closely followed by Rhyl Miniature Railway in 5th place.
Over the next few weeks, we will do some of our own research; sending some of our team to each of these attractions to get a real feel for these places so we can understand what it is that makes them so popular with our adventure-seeking holidaymakers.
Whilst going through all of your suggestions, one of them really got our attention (we hadn’t even heard of it!). So, be honest… who knew that the smallest house in Great Britain is right on our doorstep? It’s in Conwy!
The smallest house in Great Britain (Tŷ Lleiaf ym Mhrydain Fawr) is also known as the Quay House and was built in the 16th century and remained in use until the 1900’s. Ironically, the last know tenant was a fisherman called Robert Jones who was 6 foot 3 tall, hardly surprising that the council deemed it unfit to live in!
The floor area is tiny at only 3.05m x 1.8m and stands near the Conwy Castle walls. It is painted bright red, so you won’t miss it if you are paying it a visit.
The good news is that you can actually go and have a look inside for £1 for an adult and 50p for a child.
Anyway, huge thanks to our Facebook follower Phychi Ian Charlton for this one, we absolutely love it!
Check back soon and find out about our visits to your top 5 things to do whilst at Golden Sands Holiday Park in Wales.